- Where do I find my shipping costs?
- Who do you ship with?
- How are my shipping costs calculated?
- Can I track my order?
- What are your delivery time frames?
- Typical industry applications?
- Why use a camlock coupler?
- Typical usage example?
- What are the pressure ratings?
- General dimensions of the camlocks fittings?
STAINLESS STEEL BALL VALVES
- SS316 vs SS304?
- Why use ball valves?
- What the difference between a 1 vs 2 vs 3 piece ball valve?
- What is the difference between the ‘compact’ SSBV and the standard SSBV?
- How do I size a stainless ball valve?
- Are all your ball valves full port?
- What seals are used?
Two options exist; whilst shopping or at checkout. Whilst shopping, scroll over the cart icon in the top right hand corner and select 'view cart'. Select 'estimate'. Note both the suburb and postal code fields need to be entered.
Please note, the option exists to collect direct from our warehouse in Brisbane. Select Click and Collect option at checkout. Orders placed before 12:00 will be ready for collection the same day.
AusPost & StarTrack Couriers are the default shipping options offered on the website.
These are weight based at negotiated rates with our suppliers.
Yes, as soon as your items have been despatched a confirmation email will be forwarded to you with a tracking number and link for tracking. Your invoice and receipt of payment will also be attached.
These are dependant on the shipping option selected at checkout. Generally the options range from next business day to 3-5 business days.
Aluminium Camlocks - General Industrial, Petro-chemical and Agricultural; Stainless Steel 316 Camlocks - Food and Beverage Industry, Chemical Industry, Marine; Polypropylene Camlocks - Agricultural and Chemical Industry
Flexibility, Speed, Safety, No tools required. Great variety of suitable applications.
AGRICULTURE Polypropylene camlock fittings are resistant to most acids and are ideal as camlock hose connectors on agricultural sprayers. Here they save time during refilling of tanks. OIL DISTRIBUTION In many countries, camlock couplings are the standard connection for hoses used in fuel delivery to service stations and domestic premises. No tools are required to make the connection. The risk of cross threading is also avoided. CLEANING Many industrial cleaning products work with hoses. Hoses with camlock fittings can easily be disconnected for storage to facilitate transport. Ease of disconnection facilitates removal in the event of a blockage occurring. PUMP CONNECTIONS Cam and groove fittings are often used at the inlet & outlet connections of pumps. An example would be a hose connect to a pump removing oil from the water’s surface in an oil spill skimming system. MILITARY Per the US military spec MIL-C-27487 (now A-A-59326), camlock couplings are widely used by NATO forces throughout the world to facilitate rapid tactical deployment. Anodised aluminium cam and groove fittings can be supplied to the full spec. PAINTS, INKS AND DYES Camlock fittings assist in the manufacture of paints, inks & dyes which requires frequent hose changes to find the correct mix. The couplings can also tolerate the collection of coatings without detriment to the seal.
Pressure ratings as well as many other specifications on our cam and groove couplings can be found on our camlock fittings specifications page.
These can be found on our Technical Information page - see main menu bar for relevant menu drop-downs for Camlocks Fittings and Stainless Steel 316 Ball Valve general dimensions.
- Both steels provide excellent resistance to corrosion and rust.
- Both are durable.
- The basic difference is the presence of molybdenum in Stainless 316. The molybdenum gives SS316 greater resistance to chemical attack than Stainless 304. This, especially against chlorides and chlorinated solutions.
- Stainless Steel 316 also contains more nickel but less chromium than Stainless 304. Stainless 304 usually comprises 18% chromium, 8% nickel with Stainless 316 at 16% chromium, 10% nickel and 2% molybdenum.
- Stainless 316 is more expensive because of its higher corrosion resistance. In instances where salt exposure is an issue the extra cost of stainless 316 is recommended as it will last longer than Stainless 304 providing extra years of life and usage.
- SS 304, whilst still providing excellent resistance in less corrosive situations, is also cheaper which explains its popularity and widespread use.
- If your application does not contain salt exposure or uses less corrosive acid, Stainless 304 is your go to option.
Quick, quarter turn on-off operation with a positive stop. The valves are compact, require no lubrication and give tight sealing with low torque. A full-bore (full port) valve will provide virtually no obstruction to flow and as result pressure drop is negligible.
In the 1 piece ball valve, the body is cast/forged as one piece. The insertion of the ball will be through the end of the body. This design restricts the valve to a reduced bore. In the 2 piece design, the body is constructed in two pieces and the ball is held in position by body stud. The two piece body allows the valve to be manufactured with a larger ball making this a full bore valve. In the case of three piece construction, the body has two end pieces and one center piece. The center part of the valve containing the ball, stem & seats to be easily removed from the pipeline. This construction permits in line servicing and cleaning without disturbing the existing pipe work.
The Compact Two Piece Ball Valve specs are identical to the Standard/ Regular 2 piece ball valves. They are designed to be less bulky and hence occupy less space. Being slightly lighter than the 'regular' 2 Piece Ball Valves the pricing is somewhat sharper.
The size of the pipe thread determines the size of the valve.
Yes, they are. When not full port, the ball valve is actually a little bit smaller than the pipe diameter and will limit the water flow through the pipe.
All seals are PTFE.